The summer transfer window is closed for the top leagues in Europe! After a summer full of international football, countless clubs waited until the last minute to pull off their transfers. See all the major deals here and check out how we graded the biggest signings. But just because the window is shut until January, that doesn’t mean the rumours won’t keep coming.
TOP STORY: Man United eye Rice as Pogba’s partner
The Hammers star is considered as the missing piece in the puzzle for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side, and the perfect partner for Paul Pogba in midfield.
The Red Devils held a genuine interest in the 22-year-old over the summer, but after signing Raphael Varane, Jadon Sancho and Cristiano Ronaldo, the club were unable to meet the London side’s £100 million transfer valuation.
With talks stalling over a new contract for the defensive midfielder at the London Stadium, Rice may seek a new challenge. However, it also remains to seen whether Pogba will remain at United, as agent Mino Raiola has that the France playmarker could move back to Juventus and he is into the last year of his contract.
11.32 BST: Alexandre Lacazette has no contract offer to consider from Arsenal despite entering the final year of his existing contract, sources have told ESPN’s James Olley.
The 30-year-old has made just two substitute appearances this season — scoring once in last month’s Carabao Cup second round win at West Brom — after contracting COVID-19 just before the campaign began.
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta originally said in April that Lacazette’s future would be resolved this summer but sources have indicated that no discussions are active with Arsenal choosing instead to focus their financial resources on other areas of the team.
10.47 BST: Atletico Madrid are tracking 18-year-old forward Matias Arezo with a view to signing the youngster in 2022, according to the Uruguayan newspaper Ovacion.
Arezo has scored 12 goals in 16 games for River Plate Montevideo this season, and was already being linked with a move to Atletico last year after an impressive campaign. Ovacion reports that the LaLiga club could bring Arezo in during the January transfer window before sending him out on loan for the second half of 2021-22.
Atletico have a track record of looking to snap up top young South American talent, going back to the arrival of Sergio Aguero in 2006.
10.00 BST: Sport in Spain reports that Barcelona could make Raheem Sterling their No. 1 transfer target in January. Sterling, who was named in the Team of the Tournament at Euro 2020, has started only one game for Manchester City this season — the 1-0 loss at Tottenham on the opening weekend.
The report says that Sterling, 26, is being targeted as a loan signing, and they believe he could add real spark into their forward line.
Sterling struggled to get into the City team towards the end of last season and was linked with a move away before his stellar performances for England over the summer.
– Thomas Tuchel is confident of Antonio Rudiger renewing his contract at Chelsea. Speaking to reporters, the Blues manager said: “So everything is in place, and give things the time they need. Sometimes it needs a bit longer, sometimes things are very fast, Toni feels very, very good at Chelsea.”
– With Gianluigi Donnarumma set to take the reins as the starting goalkeeper at Paris Saint-Germain, the club will look to move on Keylor Navas in January, according to Le 10 Sport. The Costa Rica international has been Mauricio Pochettino’s go-to keeper for the opening games, and despite five wins from as many games, ex-AC Milan star Donnarumma is rumoured to have won the starting job at the Parc des Princes. It remains to be seen where Navas will land next.
– Lazio are interested in a move for free agent Dani Alves, writes Calciomercato. The Brazil star terminated his contract at Sao Paulo and met with rivals Flamengo on Friday. The talks with the Rio de Janeiro powerhouse were positive, meaning the Biancocelesti will have to work fast if they want to tempt the 38-year-old with a move to Rome.
– Journalist Nicolo Schira reports that Sergi Roberto has signed a new deal at Barcelona until 2024. The defender has been in talks since July, and after a spell of negotiations, the 29-year-old has finally put pen to paper on new terms. The Blaugrana star is the latest player to commit his future to the club with the LaLiga side also looking to secure new deals for a number of stars including Ousmane Dembele, Pedri and Ansu Fati.